Search This Blog

4/03/2010

Branding Response

This is in response to L.B.’s Blog:

How do you feel? Do you come to expect certain things from certain brands? Do you prefer and insist on certain brands or are you open to anything?

When it comes to certain brands, I am pretty open to buying anything unless I am making a large purchase. The way the product looks and the quality of it is usually most important to me. I don’t necessarily think that particular brands have a higher quality than generic brands. For example, Uggs are a brand of boots in which all college female students have except for me probably. I can’t imagine spending $180 on a pair of boots that are not necessarily durable. My friend has a pair of Ugg boots and since the winters are sometimes intense, the salt from the roads has ruined the leather. Just because that is the new trend doesn’t mean I am going to buy them. I like certain brands because of the way the products look, but not really because of the quality. The only product that was an expensive purchase of mine was my Dansko shoes. I needed them because I was always on my feet at work and my back was starting to bother me. Not only are the handmade and durable, but they are comfortable and help support you feet well. If I am going to spend a lot of money on a product, then I want something that will last me a long time so I won’t have to replace it quickly. Do you agree with this? Do you prefer certain brands over others?

No comments:

Post a Comment